You will lead our Water Resources and Environment Team within the Flood and Water Management Group, reporting to the Group Manager. You will have the ability to lead a team; directing, winning and delivering work in the area of water resources; and be experienced with managing staff.
Experience working with UK government departments and agencies, water companies, UK research councils and others in the water industry will be essential. You will work closely with colleagues in the team to support these clients in all aspects of water resource management.
A particular focus on developing innovative solutions for adapting to current and future pressures including climate and population change, protecting the environment and increasing system and environmental resilience to shocks will be part of the role.
You will have technical knowledge, experience and a strong interest in hydrology and water resources including the application and development of numerical models. The ability to direct research in this field would be advantageous.
- Team management for the water resources and environment team - and line management for direct reports, supporting career development, staff welfare and training;
- Management of team resources and allocation to projects and bids - working closely with line managers, team managers and the group manager;
- Management and commercial oversight for work-winning activity in the thematic area, supported by the group manager;
- Delivery of consultancy and research projects as technical lead, project director or project manager; and
- Working closely with the group manager to support delivery of the group budget and plan.