With the COVID-19 pandemic presenting huge international challenges, HR Wallingford has put in place a range of measures to keep our people, their families and anyone we work with as safe as possible.
We are also working hard to ensure the continuation of as many of our business operations as possible in all scenarios. We will be doing our utmost to deliver our usual high quality of work to our clients.
When the first cases of COVID-19 were identified in the UK, we began to review the situation and have been putting in place specific measures to manage the resulting risks.
Most of our people have the ability to work remotely and have been doing so from Thursday 19 March. They have access to all our systems, which allows us to manage risk of spreading the virus and also to continue to deliver consultancy work. Activities which cannot be delivered remotely, such as instrumentation production, physical modelling and ship simulation work, will continue where possible on a voluntary basis with stringent adherence to Government directives and hence where appropriate health and safety considerations allow.
Other measures put in place are:
- We are following all government guidelines with respect to international travel;
- We have suspended our attendance at all conferences and large internal meetings;
- We have suspended our classroom-based training courses and STEM programme;
- Colleagues returning from travel, either business or personal, from a high-risk area are being asked to work from home for 14 days irrespective of symptoms;
- We have stepped up the cleaning regime in our offices;
- We are keeping our people updated on new developments in, and responses to, the spread of the novel coronavirus.
- We also recognise that some of our team may face situations that impact their ability to work. We are trying to be as accommodating as possible and have introduced a number of measures that we hope will allow our people to keep working.
Please be assured that we are keeping the situation under constant review and keeping our colleagues and clients up to date with any changes.
Dr Bruce Tomlinson
Chief Executive Officer, HR Wallingford