This course explores the theory and method for analysing scour in a range of marine environments. It gives an introduction to procedures for assessing scour risk at marine structures as well as appropriate use of scour countermeasures through a combination of theory, practical sessions and classroom discussion.
This course explores the theory and method for analysing scour in a range of marine environments. All delegates will have the confidence to identify scour problems in a number of different marine environments, evaluate design considerations for marine structures and, consider appropriate use of scour countermeasures. The course provides attendees the most up to date guidance, case study experiences and includes new ground-breaking research for the industry, applicable and useful in both research and commercial projects.
- Overview and analysis techniques - an introduction to scour hazard assessment and marine soils.
- Estimating scour at marine structures including pipelines (2D), piles, complex structures, structures in complex soils.
- Scour countermeasures - types, rock armour, mattresses, placement, monitoring.
- Landfalls and erosions.
- Scour at jackets and pile groups.
- Jack up rigs.
- Vessel Scour.
- Three different practical sessions to consolidate theory and answer questions raised.
Consultants, NGOs, government departments, energy companies, researchers, students and contractors.
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- identify marine scour problems;
- describe how existing available methods provide a set of analysis procedures for marine scour problems;
- evaluate design considerations for marine structures;
- define live-bed, clear-water, local and global scour;
- identify the components of scour at complex marine structures;
- define an approach for assessing scour in complex soils;
- identify and outline procedures for designing scour countermeasures.
Excellent content which is up-to-date and includes state-of-the-art developments and links to current research.
Excellent course, I will recommend it.
More information about travel and accommodation, booking and confirmation and more.
Access joining instructions, course materials and course certificates inyour secure course area.