Meet our board
HR Wallingford's executive board leads our international operations, advancing our business in line with our vision, mission and values. They develop and drive our strategic goals, while protecting our long-term financial stability.
As a not-for-profit organisation, with research association status, we are limited by guarantee and don't have shareholders. Our board is held to account by our company members and our staff council.
- Dr Bruce Tomlinson, Chief Executive Officer
- Andrew Brown, Business Development Director
- Dougal Freeman, Chief Financial Officer
- Ridha Bentiba, Chief Operation Officer
- Dr Sally Howes OBE, Chair
- Ian Davies
- Dr Alan Lowdon OBE
- Janet Ogundele
Our company members, listed below, support and guide our strategic activities and help us to maintain our position as a global centre of excellence. They participate in our AGM, the election of directors and other events.
- Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE)
- British Expertise
- British Ports Association
- Canal and River Trust
- Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management (CIWEM)
- Civil Engineering Contractors Association
- Department of Food and Rural Affairs (Defra)
- Environment Agency
- Federation of Dredging Contractors
- Institute of Marine Engineering, Science and Technology (IMarEST)
- Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE)
- Society of International Gas Tanker and Terminal Operators Ltd (SIGTTO)
- Royal Academy of Engineering
- Water UK
We also have eight staff company members who form our staff council. They are elected by their colleagues at HR Wallingford, and their role is help to support and guide our governance and strategy.